Previously exclusive to a select number of controllers, including the Denon DJ MCX-8000, Roland DJ-808 and the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ2, Pitch Play is now available to use with a variety of Serato supported hardware.
Pitch Play uses Pitch 'n Time DJ, allowing Cue Points to be played across a range of keys. This feature brings a new musical element to DJing, offering creative DJ’s a melodic, fun approach when composing sets.
Pitch Play Supported Hardware
Owners of the below hardware with Pitch 'n Time DJ activated can use Pitch Play with SDJ 1.9.6.
Enable Pitch Play mode by pushing the button combination assigned to your hardware.
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ SP1 - [SHIFT + SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX2 - [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ - [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 - [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Numark NS7II - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NS7III - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NV - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NVII - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Akai Pro AFX - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
How to use Pitch Play
Once enabled the first Cue Point of the loaded track will be spread across the 8 performance pads, each pad letting you trigger the Cue in a different key. There are 3 different key ranges you can cycle through once Pitch Play is enabled, giving you the option of going up in key, down in key or both.
Toggle through the ranges by pressing the parameter left or right button.
To change the Cue Point you wish to use within Pitch Play, hold the shift button on your hardware then press the performance pad corresponding with the Cue you’re wishing to use.
If you have any questions, ask us in the comment section below.
You can purchase Pitch 'n Time DJ within the Expansion Packs & Activations panel of Serato DJ or from the Serato Online Store.
With the release of Serato DJ 1.9.6, we've also reset all free trials taken to date, so if you don't own Pitch 'n Time DJ and would like to try it again... then you can. Just download Serato DJ and start a free two-week trial.