Serato DJ 1.9.6 is now in Public Beta and with this release, we’ve focused on feedback from users to deliver one of our best updates yet. Including significant improvements for DVS users, new Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware, feature improvements and much more.
This release includes:
- Significant DVS improvements including the new Anti-Drift option to stabilize BPM, Smart Sync and improvements to needle drop sensitivity.
- Feature improvements including Favorite FX banks, Chronological Loops, Reordering Loops and Enable /Disable Hot Cues as an option.
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware* (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Significant stability & performance improvements.
DVS Sync Improvements
Serato DJ 1.9.6 beta includes a number of exciting and important improvements for DVS users:
- New Anti-Drift option which allows DVS users to stabilize the BPM of playing tracks, perfect for long mixes and blends.
- Smart Sync is now available for DVS users. Sync multiple tracks and sources together easily without tracks falling out of beat.
- New option to allow pitch adjustments to make the BPM of all decks in sync follow.
- Improvements to Needle Drop sensitivity, for increased performance with the Sticker Lock feature and more.
Below are some great performance enhancements focused on improving your workflow:
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware, including the DDJ-SX, DJM-S9, NS7III, NVII and more (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Favorite FX banks option allows you to easily recall your favorite FX configurations.
- Chronological Loops option for saving your Loops in chronological order.
- Loops can now be reordered into your preferred order.
- Enable/Disable Hot Cues option in setup menu.
Stability Enhancements & Improvements
We’ve been listening closely to our users and worked to include significant stability improvements on your most requested features. This includes:
- Dictate Smart Crates by key notation.
- Scratching no longer jumps out of a Loop.
- Playhead no longer jumps out of Loop when censor is released.
- Audio optimizations.
- Memory optimizations.
Join the Serato DJ 1.9.6 public beta to try this update early and give feedback.
Read the full list of bug fixes, changes, and additions in the Serato DJ 1.9.6 beta area.
Join the Serato DJ 1.9.6 beta: http://sera.to/-b5zj
* Pitch Play mappings for supported controllers
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ SP-1 - [SHIFT + SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX2 - [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ - [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 - [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Numark NS7II - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NS7III - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NV - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NVII - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Akai Pro AFX - [SHIFT + SAMPLER]