Pioneer is back at it again with another product release. This time, theyâ€™ve decided to bring some of the exclusive features of the CDJ-2000NXS2 down to the more affordable XDJ range. Check out the new features of the updated XDJ-1000MK2 and get the DJTT low-down.
While it doesnâ€™t seem like a major overhaul compared to the original, the new features and workflow improvements make the XDJ-1000MK2 a much more powerful player. However, just like the Nexus-2 line, this update has come along with a slight price bump. It does make us wonder if some fo the new features will make it to the original XDJ-1000 (with a firmware update) or if itâ€™s being left behind.
There is no word if Pioneer is planning to work with Traktor and Serato to ensure these work via HID yet. We are still waiting for them to add this along with timecode support to the Nexus 2 range so if you rely heavily on this feature you might want to hold off on buying till this intergeneration is clear.
Availability: Mid-to-Late September 2016 (click here to pre-order yours at the DJTT store)
KEY NEW FEATURES & CHANGES
- The XDJ-1000MK2 inherits high-quality audio from the CDJ-2000NXS2. Along RCA outputs, a digital output sends pristine audio, and the power circuit for analogue audio is completely separate from the digital circuit, reducing noise.
- FLAC & ALAC playback is now supported for high-quality sound, as well as MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files.
- Upgraded High-resolution colour LED touch screen (again, same one as the CDJ-2000NXS2) with RGB waveform view
- Finding the right track to play next is easy thanks to Track Filter, which filters tracks by My Tag, BPM and key, and the new Matching feature displays tracks youâ€™ve previously tagged when theyâ€™re mixed with the track thatâ€™s playing.
- 8 Hot Cues are now supported compared to the traditional 3 on most Pioneer players.
- RekordboxDJ Plus Pack compatibility is a given and the software will be updated soon to extend support for it.
- You can now plug a DDJ-SP1 to control your Hot Cues, auto loops and Slip Mode. One DDJ-SP1 can control up to four XDJ multiplayers using Pro DJ Link.
- Pro DJ Link offers seamless integration and shares beat grid information with the new TORAIZ SP-16.
ÂClick to view slideshow.
Sticking with your setup or is it a worthy upgrade for you? Join the discussion below!