Serato should win the prize for â€śmost often updated DJ softwareâ€ť â€“ because they continue to keep rolling out new updates. Today, Serato DJ 1.9.3 went into public beta, incorporating a new sampler with additional slots, and an improved MIDI mapping interface. Read on for the details.
Serato DJ 1.9.3 Public Beta
Hereâ€™s the full changelog (currently) for this version of Serato DJ:
- Update to Sampler (previously called SP-6), includes:
- New Sampler layout design for simple and extended views
- 8 available sample slots per bank
- Simple Sync available for Sampler slots
- Updated MIDI mapping interface for easier visibility (see screenshot above with the new MIDI panel)
- Keyboard shortcuts adjusted to included Sampler slots 7-8
- Tracks not being marked as played correctly with Pioneer DJM-850
- Potential kernel panic when toggling USB Insert FX on Rane TTM-57MkII
- Potential audible pop or click after playing from cue point or temp cue
- Pitch slider on master deck in sync controlling slave deck pitch when in sync and paused
- Playhead position incorrect starting the software in REL, then switching to INT mode before pressing Play using motorized platters
- Dragging iTunes files to the Serato DJ library takes a long time to import
- Incorrect output lighting on Denon DJ MCX8000 parameter buttons while in Pitch Play performance pad mode
- Potentially high CPU usage and audio distortion after track with Pitch ?n Time DJ enabled passes the end of the track and pauses
- WAV files potentially being corrupted after writing tags
The Serato DJ 1.9.3 Public Beta is available as a free download on the Serato forums. Simply agree to their terms and conditions and start trying it out!
Remember, this is a beta version of a DJ software, so donâ€™t rely on it for your gigs. Only use personally well-tested updates when youâ€™re playing out in public!
The post Serato DJ 1.9.3 Beta: New Sampler and MIDI Mapping Interface appeared first on DJ TechTools.