Serato has launched a brand new public beta of Serato DJ 1.9.5. This new beta will focus on a number bugfixes and stability improvements. The main feature? Support for Pioneer DJ CDJ-2000NXS2 players and DJM-900NXS2 mixers. Read on for details and to join the beta.
Serato DJ 1.9.5 Public Beta
The big news in this Public Beta of Serato DJ is that the top-of-the-line Pioneer NXS2 CDJs and DJMs are now supported. Specifically, this includes the DJM-900NXS2 and CDJ-2000NXS2 (both of which we sell in our online store, which has a huge sale going on right now. As if you didnâ€™t notice already, right?)
- For the CDJs, this means full HID control with the platters and controls. It also means waveform display and library navigation on-screen!
- For the DJM-900NXS2, this means that the soundcard is fully plug-and-play; and if youâ€™ve got the Serato DJ Club Kit license, youâ€™ll also be able to use the inputs for DVS control.
Memory Optimizations and Bug Fixes
Serato seems to always be chasing down bugs and stability issues in their releases. Itâ€™s always good to see a big list of these â€“ a commitment to stability is something you want in a software developer. Hereâ€™s the list from their release notes:
- Fixed issue where Sync would incorrectly half or double BPM
- Fixed issue where Windows 7 users could experience audio dropouts at low buffer settings
- Fixed an issue where Pioneer CDJ-850 doesnâ€™t allow for deck selection in HID
- Fixed an issue where Cue Points would re-order incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where track skip can be activated after platter release
- Fixed a potential runtime crash on Windows
- Improved stability with memory optimisations
As always, please remember that new releases and beta version of DJ software are dangerous to install and start relying on without your own testing. Always test new software for a few hours at home before going out and using it live!
Take part in the Serato DJ 1.9.5 public beta by signing up here on their website.
The post Serato DJ 1.9.5 Public Beta: CDJ-2000NXS2 + DJM-900NXS2 Support appeared first on DJ TechTools.