Serato has announced that their new version of Serato DJ 1.8.1 has gone into Public Beta â€“ meaning that anyone can try it out right now. It continues to feel like Serato is the most proactive and reactive of the DJ software companies, having just rolled out 1.8 one month ago. Read more about the fixes in the beta below:
In order to get access to the beta, users have to agree to the rules here â€“ and then download the new update.
Obligatory Update Warning: Even though there are lots of bug fixes with this update, if things are working fine for you right now and you have an upcoming show, donâ€™t use the public beta for your set. Updating DJ software always introduces a world of unknowns, so itâ€™s best to wait until you can verify that everything works 100%.
Bug Fixes in Serato DJ 1.8.1
The Serato DJ 1.8.1 Public Beta is primarily a bug fixing update â€“ some of the biggest fixes include:
- Record timer display stops working after 100 mins
- Multi channel AIFF files causing crash when loaded
- Tracks flagged as corrupt stop deck playback
- MIDI initialisation not working for some controls on OSA devices
- Full Screen mode in OSX El Capitan 10.11 not working correctly
- Half/double BPM edit causing hang
- Potential hang on library import
- Dragging and dropping outside of SDJ not working correctly
- Unable to scroll and organise crate lists correctly
- Album art is not displayed on supported CDJs
- Hang on startup for some users
- Recording meter showing max volume at all times
- Instant doubling waveforms not displaying correctly on some controller screens
- GUI popups not layering correctly causing visual artefacts
- GUI stalls when rescanning ID3 tags
- Analyse files button does not light up when tracks are dragged over the top of it
- Song time text position incorrect
- Potential hang when using censor actions during Flip playback
- Selecting track with unloaded album art can cause all CDJ album art to not display
- Slicer status bar message for beatgrid displaying even when slicer not enabled
- Dock Icon bouncing on OSX during startup of SDJ
- Autoplay stops playback after it skips a missing file
- Potential crash when editing beatgrids
- CDJ HID mode cue point buttons jumping to incorrect cue markers for some users
- Scope view alignment issues when using SDJ in French and Spanish languages
El Capitan Drivers
While Serato officially became cleared for the new version of OS X just last week, most of the hardware devices for Serato DJ have been awaiting driver updates for the new operating system. The 1.8.1 Public Beta includes drivers for Pioneer DJM-850, DJM-900 Nexus, DJM-900 SRT and DJM-S9, as well as the already-included DDJ-SZ driver. Serato also writes:
Please check with your hardware manufacturer for the current state of your specific hardware device against OSX 10.11 El Capitan. Some hardware will have no issues and work fine whereas some may not be ready for use on El Capitan yet â€“it is important you check this!
Read more about the Serato 1.8.1 Public Beta on Seratoâ€™s official site.
The post Serato DJ 1.8.1 Public Beta: Major Bug Fixes + El Capitan Drivers appeared first on DJ TechTools.